07 Dec Freight Audit, Freight Payment Services Deliver Global Savings
Freight audit and freight payment services from SSI provide you with a constant flow of carrier refunds, while simultaneously enhancing your “shipper of choice” status because carriers love it when freight bills get paid on time by our international freight payment experts.
Further, SSI helps many customers improve their shipping and supply chain decision-making by customizing data visualization dashboards with measurements and metrics relevant to each company’s key performance indicators. We would like to do the same for you.
Persistent supply chain disruptions have kept many supply chain, operations and logistics managers in a state of constant crisis for a long time. In the midst of this stress, SSI provides you with something uncommon in supply chain management circles: peace of mind.
FREIGHT AUDIT SERVICES CUSTOMIZED FOR YOUR NEEDS
Freight audit and parcel audit services from SSI are reassuring to pros like you because the audits are customized to meet the needs of your unique global supply chain. The savings add up fast. By working with SSI, some customers recover tens-of-thousands of dollars every month.
Few companies have the employees, time, or expertise to analyze every freight and parcel invoice in-house. Some companies resort to spot-checking invoices, which is a grueling task requiring countless hours of manpower. Whether you have been conducting spot checks, or haven’t been auditing any freight invoices, you will find the hard-dollar savings from SSI freight audit services to be remarkable.
SSI performs a comprehensive audit of all freight charges and contractually guaranteed services1 for every mode of transportation used in your global supply chain. Validating the rate charged is essential and so is verifying whether the charge itself should have been assessed in the first place.
For speed and accuracy, our systems are optimized to receive carrier freight bills and parcel invoices via Electronic Data Integration (EDI). However, we also accept electronic flat files or documentation from your carriers and 3PLs, when necessary. Whether electronic or paper, your documents are readily available and retrievable so that you may view, share, and retain important invoice information instantaneously.
GLOBAL, MULTI-MODAL FREIGHT AUDITS
International freight audits are a core competency of SSI. We perform a comprehensive service audit across multiple modes of transportation from global, regional and local carriers. We audit these freight bill line items and much more.
- Freight charges
- Duplicate billings
- Incorrect DIM billing
- Lift gate charges
- Late deliveries
- Residential surcharges
- Other accessorial charges
- Invalid/Fraudulent invoices
- Service failures
- Base rate errors
- Billing discrepancies
- Manifested vs. billed weights
- Erroneous Currency Conversions
- Fuel Surcharges
- Carrier compliance to contractual obligations
- Other billing mistakes
SSI will also review the addendums, small-print references, and custom services negotiated with each carrier.
With SSI freight audit services, the process is fully transparent and you can easily drill down to individual invoices via our SSIconnect online portal. Whenever a charge deviates from the established rules, SSI will take exception to those discrepancies and errors. Contact SSI to learn more about our global freight audit services.
DATA VISUALIZATION TOOLS DELIVER ACTIONABLE SUPPLY CHAIN INSIGHTS
Data visualization dashboards from SSI give you a competitive edge as they transform your raw shipping and logistics data into a powerhouse of supply chain intelligence.
The SSI data analytics team can help you save more money, improve efficiencies, and make informed decisions with actionable insights derived from your shipping data.
- Executive dashboards provide clear, accessible intelligence
- Monitor KPI’s and other shipping metrics
- Review relevant financial reports
- Identify expense anomalies and detect emerging trends
- Optimize freight carrier usage and analyze accruals
- Routinely analyze fresh data to make continuous improvements
- Implement programs for long-term, sustainable supply chain optimization
We encourage you to learn more about SSI data visualization dashboards. If you or a colleague are interested, let’s talk. During an informal, no-pressure chat we will share a screen and show you how easy it is to analyze relevant data that you can clearly visualize. Please let us know which dates and times in the week ahead work best for you.
INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT PAYMENT SERVICES
After completing a best-in-class freight audit, SSI will pay your global freight invoices, as well. We process freight bills from multiple languages, in the world’s most traded currencies.
- CAD Canadian Dollar
- AUD Australian Dollar
- AED UAE Dirhams
- CHF Swiss Franc
- CNH Chinese Renminbi
- CNY Chinese Renminbi
- CZK Czech Koruna
- DKK Danish Kroner
- EUR Euro
- GBP British Pound
- HKD Hong Kong Dollar
- HUF Hungary Forint
- ILS Israeli Shekel
- INR Indian Rupees
- JPY Japanese Yen
- RW Korean Won
- MYR Malaysian Ringgits
- MXN Mexican Peso
- MAD Morocco Durham
- NOK Norwegian Kroner
- NZD New Zealand Dollar
- PLN Polish Zloty
- QAR Qatari Rial
- RON Romanian Leu
- RUB Russian Rubles
- SAR Saudi Riyals
- SEK Swedish Kroner
- SGD Singapore Dollar
- THB Thailand Baht
- TRY Turkish Lira
- USD United States Dollar
- ZAR South African Rand
There is no reason for your accounts payable team to process and pay hundreds of carrier invoices from around the world. Our streamlined freight-payment service makes quick work of what is a slow, cumbersome headache when managed in-house.
With SSI freight payment services, you save money, reduce administrative burdens from your operations and AP teams, and maintain positive relations with your carriers as we issue their payments in a timely manner.
BENEFITS OF SSI FREIGHT PAYMENT SOLUTIONS
- Hard-Dollar Savings – Accurate, timely payments are made after every invoice is thoroughly audited
- Soft-Dollar Savings – Reduces in-house hassles and administrative costs in operations and finance
- Clarity – Total transparency pinpoints where your dollars are in the payment process
- Certainty – Financial controls to ensure your funds are secure and never co-mingled
- Precision – Ability to age your payments based on carrier terms
- Goodwill – Vendor relations and supply chain management are enhanced as bills are paid in a timely manner
SSI transforms the complexity of freight audit and freight payment into cash savings and supply chain intelligence, providing actionable insights to maximize your profit potential.
- Customizable solution scales with your growing and dynamic business needs
- Automated freight audit drives savings to the bottom line
- Cutting-edge data visualization facilitates analysis
- Actionable business intelligence supports supply chain optimization and operational efficiencies
Contact SSI to learn more about SSI freight audit and freight payment services.
1. Excluding carriers that do not allow audits on select services.